Through thirty-three objects, Tim Challies explores the history of what God is accomplishing in this world, whether through princes or peasants, triumph or trial. Each object offers a tangible link between the present and the past, between the Christians of the 21st century and those who lived and died in centuries past.
33 fascinating objects. 1 amazing story. Join author and pastor Tim Challies as he embarks on a three-year journey spanning multiple continents and some of the most unusual places in the world. Tim introduces you to thirty-three carefully selected objects that help you understand the long and complicated history of Christianity in a unique and creative way.
Beginning with Jesus and the early church, Challies looks at:
- The importance of graffiti on an ancient jail cell
- The creedal significance of a carving on a museum statue
- The enduring importance of ancient manuscripts and books
- And much more!
Along the way, you’ll discover the story you're already a part of.
- An epic journey: 24 countries, 6 continents, 75 flights, 80 museums
- Beautiful full-color book design featuring the objects and Tim's journey
- The complete experience: a 10-episode documentary is also available, taking you on location and providing an immersive experience for understanding the history of Christianity
"Together we will listen to these voices of the past tell us the epic story of what God has done and continues to do in our world today." - Tim Challies
- 175 pages
- Mar 2020