The ESV Global Study Bible is a one-volume study resource for globally minded Christians everywhere. It has been designed from beginning to end to be highly accessible and value priced for distribution on a global scale.
Compiled under the editorial oversight of Dr. Ajith Fernando, the Global Study Bible was created by more than 120 outstanding Bible scholars, teachers, and pastors. The team of contributors came from more than a dozen countries, more than 20 denominations, and more than 50 colleges, universities, and seminaries around the globe.
The Global Study Bible features a fresh design, with a wide range of new features. Each book begins with an introduction, followed by a unique, insightful description of the global message of the book. Likewise, a set of new articles by global Christian leaders apply the Bible to global issues, such as the role of government, the nature of the church, world religions, social ethics, and missions and evangelism.
The Global Study Bible’s notes and maps were adapted from the best-selling ESV Study Bible and contain a wealth of information about the biblical text, history, and geography. With overviews of each Bible book, special facts, and character profiles, the Global Study Bible is an outstanding resource for Christians everywhere who seek to know and understand the truth of the Bible and its global meaning.
- Complete ESV Bible text
- 12,000 clear, concise study notes
- The global message of each book
- 14 new articles written by global Christian leaders
- Introductions and timelines for each Bible book
- Nearly 900 highlighted Bible facts
- 120 Bible character profiles
- More than 120 duotone maps and illustrations throughout
- More than 80,000 cross-references
- An extensive concordance
- Glossary with concise definitions of key terms
- Imitation Leather
- 1984 pages