Is it ok to be gay and Christian? Does the Bible really say that homosexuality is wrong? Is sexual orientation fundamental to identity?
Author and speaker Sam Allberry has expanded and restructured his best-selling book, which draws on his own experience as a believer who experiences same-sex attraction. As well as exploring Bible passages that talk directly about homosexuality, this new edition frames the whole discussion with Jesus’ general teaching on sex and marriage, as well as what Jesus teaches about finding ultimate satisfaction and happiness. It also challenges the current culture narrative, which inextricably ties sexuality to personal identity, and he shows that the gospel is good news for everyone, whatever their sexual orientation.
This sensitive exploration of the Bible’s teaching on sexuality has been written to help both Christians and non-Christians struggling with the Bible's teaching on this issue, whether they experience same-sex attraction themselves or not.
Includes answers to questions such as…
• Does Jesus ever mention same-sex relationships?
• Aren’t people just born this way?
• What should I do if a Christian comes out to me?
• Surely, isn't a same-sex partnership ok if it’s committed and faithful?
• Is it sinful to experience same-sex attraction?
• Isn’t the Christian view of sexuality harmful?
• Aren’t we just picking and choosing which Old Testament laws apply?
• Can’t Christians just agree to differ on this?