Timothy Keller's expository Bible-study guide to Judges will excite Christians in their faith and equip teachers and preachers in their work.
Timothy Keller's Judges For You walks you through the book of Judges, showing how the flawless God is at work in the most flawed situations and the most failing people.
Combining a close attention to the detail of the text with Timothy Keller's trademark gift for clear explanation and compelling insights, this resource will both engage your mind and stir your heart.
"Judges has only one hero—God. And as we read this as an account of how he works in history, it comes alive. This book is not an easy read. But living in the times we do, it is an essential one."
- Timothy Keller
Judges for You is a uniquely flexible resource. It can simply be read as a book; used as a daily devotional, complete with reflection questions; or utilized by anyone who has a teaching ministry, to help small-group leaders understand and apply the text, and to give preachers helpful ways of connecting timeless Bible truths to today's world.
- Series preface
- Introduction to Judges
- 1. Half-Hearted Discipleship 1:1 – 2:5
- 2. Living with Idols 2:6 – 3:6
- 3. Othniel and Ehud: Expect the Unexpected 3:7-31
- 4. Deborah and Barak: Ruler and Rescuer 4:1 – 5:31
- 5. Gideon: The Weak Mighty Warrior 6:1-40
- 6. Gideon: Triumph in Weakness 7:1-25
- 7. Gideon and Abimelech: Ruling as Kings 8:1 – 10:5
- 8. Jephthah: The Outcast 10:6 – 12:15
- 9. Samson: A Miraculous Birth 13:1-25
- 10. Samson: The Womanizer 14:1 – 15:20
- 11. Samson: The Broken Victor 16:1-31
- 12. Men Without Chests 17: – 18:31
- 13. People Without a King 19:1 – 21:25
- 224 pages
- Sept 2021