In Transforming Preaching, David Jackman, reflecting on over fifty years of Word–ministry offers real encouragement and help with some of the ongoing challenges and pitfalls facing the preacher.
Each chapter addresses a different theme that will shape and sharpen the reader in their thinking about what it means to be a faithful expositor and servant of the Word.
Chapter Headings include:
- Preaching with the Right Goal in View
- Preaching that Grows People
- Preaching in line with God’s Agenda
- Preaching the transformational Intention
- Preaching to Cultivate a Robust Faith in a Shifting World
- Preaching the Whole Truth
- Preaching: Colossians a Test Case
- Preaching to Renew Minds
- Preaching That is Balanced and Well Crafted
- Preaching Law and Liberty Rightly
- Preaching that Recognises God’s Work and Ours
- Preaching that Expands the Mind
David Jackman is the ideal person to write a book like this. David has been preaching and training preachers longer than many of us have been alive. He is a terrific encourager of preachers and his insights, observations and exhortations will provide great stimulus for your own thinking.
- 240 pages
- July 2021